Rammohan Paranjape is a self-taught photographer, surfer, and an adventure traveller. His journey began in his early teens after dropping out of college, with travel, adventure and surfing being his muse. Inspired by offbeat landscapes, oceans, and extreme adventures, Rammohan has travelled extensively and documented some amazing expeditions and adventures across Indian sub-continent.
Being India's only surf photographer, Ram's work has been published in over 30 major national and international publications around the world. His surfing images and expertise on surfing in India is consistently sought after by various media houses and adventure brands across the world.
Rammohan firmly believes that there is still a lot to explore and see in the sub-continent. A country like India is probably one of the last frontiers in the adventure world to be explored and various action sports to be performed against epic landscapes, cultural backgrounds and sea of humanity.
When not chasing action, He splits his time between Mulki, Mangalore and Mysore. At Mulki he's based out of Mantra Surf Club as one of its founding members and pioneers of surfing in India. His other interests include philosophy, cooking, gadgets and sustainable living.
- Drops out of college! Get's introduced to surfing and photography at Mantra Surf Club, the early pioneers of surfing in India.
- First surf expedition to the Andaman Islands with Mantra Surf Club, starts his journey as a surf photographer documenting the early surf scene in India.
- Travels extensively across length & breadth of India as a photographer with his first DSLR Canon 50D capturing images of travel and surf.
- Major surf expedition to Great Nicobar Islands in early 2010, the first surfers to discover surfing and surf spots on the Island.
- A new venture is formed by Ram with his partner Kishore Kumar called "India Surf Tours" a premier surf tour company in India offering customized surf tours to high profile clients from the surfing world.
- Under the aegis of India Surf Tours, the first surf trip to Lakshadweep is organized, with Craig Anderson, Trevor Gordon, Chadd Konig, Daniel Jones, Brendon Gibbens & the legendary lensman Alan van Gysen.
- Breakaway year, get's published in various surf magazines & journals across the world. First interview feature with the iconic Surfer Magazine, as India's first and only surf photographer.
- "Turban Legends" from Pushkar chosen by Lonely Planet U.K as one of all time favorites and displayed at Westfield Gallery, London.
- Elected as Vice-President of Surfing Federation of India, the newly formed newly formed organization to develop the sport of surfing in India under International Surfing Association. Elected as Vice-President of the organization. Plays a key role in organizing one of the first surfing events in the country "India Surf festival" in Orissa under Surfing Federation of India.
- Landmark year for surfing in India, as Surfing Federation of India under the leadership of President & Vice-President (Ram) organizes one of the first professional surfing competitions in India with Spice Coast Open in Kovalam and Covelong Point Surf Festival in Chennai. SFI also ropes in Jonty Rhodes, the legendary South African cricketer as the ambassador for surfing in India who's also an avid surfer himself.
- Ram joins SUP paddler April Zilg and Kiran Kumar in the Himalayas on a SUP expedition, documenting and exploring higher altitude water bodies in the most extreme and testing conditions. For the first time ever, an Ocean sport like SUP was taken to higher altitudes setting records and making huge news in the SUP world. The story has been published the world over and the feat was even recognized by Limca Book of Records.
- Winner of the GODREJ CINTHOL "Alive is Awesome" campaign for two consecutive years.
- Scores cover shot for National Geographic Traveller India with an iconic image of a kiteboarder in action set somewhere deep in South India.
- RedBull India features Ram and his collection of iconic surfing photos over the years from India.
- Winner of "Grab Your Adventure", a national hunt for India's top adventure travelers by Cox & Kings.
- Becomes Surf Ambassador for Woodland Worldwide, an outdoor adventure apparel brand.
- Ram meets the legendary lensman and surf explorer Ted Grambeau in Australia, they plan and execute a successful surf expedition to Lakshadweep Islands with the famed RipCurl Search. More surf spots are discovered along the islands of Lakshadweep.
- Ram becomes internationally certified judge under International Surfing Association's panel of judges.
- Becomes International Cricket Council's accredited photographer and covers T20 World Cup matches in India.
- After nearly working for two years with the Govt of Karnataka, the inaugural edition of Indian Open of Surfing is launched and becomes a massive success on the west coast of Karnataka making it one of the biggest surfing events in the country. A dream come true for Ram and Mantra Surf Club members.
- Becomes GoPro Ambassador in India by joining GoPro Family.
- Ram and Mantra Surf Club crew were part of the production of Samsung's Global Ad based on surfing with the famed ad agency Leo Burnett.
- Manages Team India at the ISA World SUP Championships in Fiji, a proud moment for India to be taking part in ISA event for the first time.
- Revisits Andamans Islands after a decade tracing his first journey to the Islands on a surf expedition.
- Documents and directs water scenes for a documentary project by Elizabeth D'Costa (Head of UNDP Bangladesh) based on surfer girls at Cox Bazaar, Bangladesh.
- Becomes Ambassador for F-stop Gear and Amabilis.
- Launches India's own surf apparel brand ThunderMonkey Surf Gear for the growing surf scene in India.
- Featured exclusively in Man's World Magazine, Deccan Chronicle, DNA.
- A memorable surf and rock climbing expedition with the longtime acquaintance and legendary photographer Chris Burkard and apparel brand prAna to Lakshadweep Islands and Hampi.